Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Holy Hail!

On Sunday, August 21, 2011, I made a trip to Lebanon, Pa. to visit the Expo Center there because they were having a Gem Show that I was very interested in seeing. What a great time! More on that in another post though. The trip home was uneventful... until I got to my exit off of I-81. It started to pour down rain so hard that I couldn't see more than five feet ahead of my car. I decided to pull off the side of the road on the exit for a bit until it let up. Two people had already cut me off getting onto the exit ramp and had almost hit me. Time for a time out! After sitting there for a few minutes, it started to hail. For some reason, I started laughing as I watched the small pieces of ice bouncing off the hood of my car. It sounded very much like someone was pelting the car with hundreds of marbles. I took out my cellphone and took a quick two minute video. P.S. My car was fine. Not a single ding in her that I could see. :)




The chaos only lasted about 10-15 minutes, and then I drove the short distance home. Once there, I ran into my backyard and photographed some of the hail pieces. They were about an inch or so in diameter. I snapped some pictures of my husband, David, holding them with a tape measure for comparison.



I then uploaded the photo to abc27's facebook fan page and much to my surprise... they put it on the 6 and 11 o'clock news! I got a picture of that too. (lol) My two minutes of fame, folks. What can I say.. it made me happy to contribute something that someone found to be useful. :)



And a special thanks to my hubby, David, for being my hand model, and for his quick thinking (trademark of a Gemini man!) of adding the tape measure in the picture! <3



No comments:

Post a Comment